Notes from presentation give at North Lincs PIP Forum Confrence 2015
Education, Health & Care Plans
Lead Officer SEN
North Lincolnshire Council
How did we create North Lincolnshire’s Education, Health and Care Plan?
A task and finish group – representing parents, schools, colleges, early years providers, health and local authority education / social care teams – met to consider the task.
What did the working group do?
- thought about the needs of children & young people, parents and professionals and how the plan could represent their views
- looked at what had been created by pathfinder local authorities and identified the best elements within these plans
- developed and refined North Lincolnshire’s Education, Health & Care Plan through 10 versions which were refined by consulting the partners and the teams they represented.
We consulted more widely
- By talking to parents of pupils with Statements of SEN at consultation meetings
- By talking to children in mainstream and special schools and the Disabled Children’s Forum
North Lincolnshire’s Education, Health & Care Plan
- Is child, young person and family focussed
- Is written from the child & young person’s viewpoint
- Identifies need and celebrates achievement
- Is aspirational
- Identifies outcomes expected in the longer term and also within the lifetime of the annual plan
- Ensures we are all accountable for delivering the outcomes
- Puts children, young people and their families at the centre of the planning process
Where can I find out more?
Visit the pathfinder website at www.SENDpathfinder.co.uk to see:
Latest information packs from the pathfinders, including case studies, video clips and links to useful materials
Pathfinder evaluation reports
Information about the Delivery Partners who are supporting the reforms and can offer help and advice
Download the Council for Disabled Children’s (CDC’s) resources: www.councilfordisabledchildren.org.uk/sendreforminfosheet
For regular updates, sign up to receive CDC’s e-bulletin by e-mailing email@example.com
Access the Preparing for Adulthood support materials: